When it comes to content....the truth is that we're still playing with it.
IGTV is a new app for watching long-form, vertical video from your favorite Instagram creators. You can watch videos in the native Instagram app or in the standalone IGTV app ( which is located to the left of your highlights).
I think vertical video naturally encourages you to record on your phone making easy to just pick up your phone and record something relevant to share to your audience.
Features to keep in mind:
- You can upload a cover image from the video you upload or create a branded one to upload - You can add a title (make sure it has under 25 characters)
- Add a description but can not edit it once it’s uploaded
- Add hashtags and tag other Instagram accounts (hashtags show up in search)
- You can also add a live link driving traffic where you want people to go.
- You can view on IGTV the desktop
Different than Instagram Stories...everyone on Instagram has the ability to drive traffic where they want more visibility!
Instagram Stories, is where you create clips of photos and 15 second videos - they appear together in a “slideshow format” and vanish after 24 hours.
There are so many creative elements , such as text, sticker + gifs that you can add to each clip to add your own creative flair and branding.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A few tips to keep in mind:
1. Focus on viewer retention to keep people watching through the whole story.
2. Use Stories to bring more attention to you static posts, and offers. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Instagram is a Village and there are now lots of places you can create content to share - curious which neighborhood is your favorite to hang out in?
4. Instagram Live
Which do you prefer Stories or IGTV comment below?